Performance Test can be accelerated by following the below methods:
• Creating Scripting Templates with sample requests explaining the headers and assertions reduce scripting errors and eliminates reviews.
• Integrating Scripts in version control along with the code helps in transparency and collaboration
• Executing performance test scripts as part of CI / CD process thus triggering test after every deployment
• Automatically including test results in the Trend Report provides quick comparison with the baseline
• Emailing the Trend Report to the entire team gives quick feedback and helps in decision making to deliver the code into production
• Performance Test Tool: LoadRunner / Performance Centre
• Version Control: GIT
• Continuous Delivery: Octopus
By establishing a plan with some interim goals helps organisations to accelerate performance testing for autonomous squads:
Goal 1: Deploy Performance Test Specialist to come up with a Strategy and Set-up Load Environment
Goal 2: Performance Test Specialists to understand Organisations requirements and prepare a generic Script templates
Goal 3: Performance Test Specialist to coach the individual squads to implement Performance Test Automation
Goal 4: Each Autonomous squads individually deliver performance test solution with minimal support from Specialist.