• Identifying the challenges that many companies face when transitioning to agile and what can be done to address them
• Understanding the differences in the testing role and processes, including test-first development and continuous delivery
• Learning how to plan your overall agile project testing strategy and what critical components need to be included • How to standardize your estimation process to ensure you meet development and deployment schedules
• Identifying where and what tools can play an integral role in the agile development and deployment Abstract or Course Outline Building quality into your agile development approach does not happen by accident; it must be planned. This presentation presents, from a development and testing perspective, what process improvements may be needed when transitioning to agile development. New technology, risks, and your development approach can be key exposure issues in implementing agile processes. This presentation will discuss these issues and the potential impact on revenue and customers if they are not addressed. Areas of improvement that will be discussed are:
• User stories and how consistently-written acceptance criteria will determine what to test
• Business Driven Development for test automation
• Governance role to ensure consistency and success
• Test automation for unit, functional regression and release management Real-world experiences will be used to show participants a “how-to” approach to successfully tune up their agile development and testing processes.