He will address how the following roles assure quality in Modern Digital Product Companies (and on their teams):
- Product User
- Team Lead
- Product Manager
- Product Analyst
- Product Designer
- Product Engineer
- Self-Organizing Product Team (read: teams that operate using tools, techniques, and/or frameworks from what I like to call the Generally Accepted Agile Practices (GAAP, to steal lovingly from Accounting. I’ve found this is a great strategy for keeping stakeholders focused during talks about agile ways of working)
Takeaways from the topic:
- Define Agile Ways of Working for Those new to the concept
- Identify how product teams can build high-quality products together
- Build Quality Into team processes and ways of working
- Plan Quality efforts for self-organizing, cross-functional, distributed teams where quality is owned at the team, not individual/role/department level.
- Discuss Digital Product Quality to product teams in a fun, exciting, and career-satisfying way (e.g., how can developers do quality in a way that supports their needs, same for product artists, same for the product analyst (for the sake of this talk, I’m using a team framework that leverages Product Analyst in the quality role so that people have the option of going the more product or more technical quality route in their career path).