In this talk, we’ll cover strategies for defeating many types of test data nightmares:
- Recognizing the difference between product data and test case data
- Deciding when to prepare data statically beforehand or dynamically during testing
- Using data to control how tests run or reflect product state
- Hard-coding values versus discovering data in the system
- Avoiding collisions on shared data
The strategies we cover can be applied to any project in any language. After this talk, you will wake up from the nightmare and handle test data cleanly and efficiently like a pro!
Takeaways from the talk:
- To recognize how test data is just as important as test cases and test code.
- To learn strategies for handling both product data and test case data.
- To learn how to avoid collisions between tests regarding shared data.