This presentation is based on his first-hand experiences in developing and operating a performance testing facility for a large-scale program. The context to this is an organization that has aspirations to move to DevOps, with a mixed approach to testing and with the challenges of how to structure technical testing, particularly performance testing. We will explore the journey on how to implement performance testing, such that it runs every day, multiple times a day, and is now a mandatory step to releasing changes. The presentation will investigate the following key areas:
- Build the system under test
- Test tools
- Structuring teams
- Running a test
- Evolving into a fully automated system
Key aspects that participants can expect to take away are:
- Identification of tools and how they shape the service.
- The structure of teams and organizations to enable successful testing.
- Key system architecture requirements to facilitate rapid and reliable performance testing.
- Approaches to implementing testing as part of a CI/CD pipeline.