We now have arrived at the age of codeless test automation. The phrase “codeless testing” has become rather taboo in the testing community as “it is not really codeless.” Even Natural Language Programming that uses plain English can still technically be described as coding (all be it with an extra level of abstraction), but this term is the easiest to use. However, today’s technologies have adapted to keep up with shipping and release demands, and codeless test automation companies have used these demands to produce a higher caliber of test automation software. Codeless testing has moved on from the record and replay technologies of the past. Tools now use Artificial Intelligence AI, Machine Learning ML, Robotic Process Automation RPA, and Natural Language Programming NLP to make test automation faster and smarter. The ultimate goal is Continuous Testing in order to support Continuous Integration and Continuous Development of CI/CD. Codeless test automation platforms provide anyone with the ability to generate tests, utilizing all the smart technology available. In fact, modern robotic test automation platforms can speed up testing by 10x. Best-of-the-breed test automation tools use advanced technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, and natural language processing to automate testing tasks, reduce testing time, and improve test accuracy. Some SaaS companies are taking things even father, making PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service). With PaaS, everything is in one place, the devices farms, infrastructure, test creation and maintenance, scheduling, CD/CD, integrations, notifications, and reporting. It is possible to cover API, UI (Browser), Mobile Testing, Performance, QoS and End-to-End testing needs in one place, delivering significant ROI to enterprises across various industries, such as e-Commerce, Media and Broadcasting, Healthcare, CRM, transportation, banking, and more…
Takeaways from the talk:
- The testing industry is constantly changing, and every year brings new challenges and opportunities for teams to face.
- How are you optimizing your testing strategy in 2023?
- Codeless test automation has continued to evolve, developing into hyper automated testing. This is the practice of automating every process that can be automated, and hyper automation itself is a fast-growing business practice.
- Gartner predicted that the hyper automation market would exceed $596 billion by the end of 2023.
- The desire for codeless automation is only growing. According to the World Quality Report by Capgemini, 48% of the IT executives surveyed reported that they were likely to use a low-code/no-code automation tool in the coming year.
- Software engineers today don’t have to be bogged down with writing test code, they can focus on more interesting, code-oriented tasks. QA teams of all levels of code proficiency can test quickly and efficiently with intuitive software. This is the future of test automation.