• Be in a position to recognize opportunities where test automation could benefit the overall test strategy
• Be able to recognize when test automation is not being applied appropriately in a project situation
• Understand the strategic concepts related to test automation and the various approaches
• Understand how test automation fits into the overall test strategy and it relationship with manual testing
• Understand the tools landscape and purposes and uses of various common test automation tools and technologies
• Be able to recognize common pitfalls, and apply keys to success
• Be able to answer the “why” and “when” questions with regard to test automation
• Use this introduction as a launching pad should they want to move deeper and develop the actual hands-on capability
The talk cover topics such as:
• How to identify the need for automation
• What to Automate. Where to start, how to build your test automation portfolio (UI, API and Unit)
• What not to automate, where to draw the line
• How to tie in your automation work to your all other testing activities within a sprint.
• How to integrate your automation to the CI/ CD (DevOps) process
• How to monitor results and report on test automation metrics.