The agile movement has significantly increased the speed of development. But test automation hasn’t kept pace with the agile movement because the industry approach to test automation has remained mostly the same or has changed in a way where the tester has to write code at the same skill level as a developer to keep pace. Even skilled developers struggle with rapid test automation and can’t produce the same productivity that rapid development makes.
Marcus will discuss the following:
- The Codeless Myth
- The POM Bomb
- The B-D-Debacle
- How Shift Down is changing how we approach test automation
- Why automating like a tester is the most effective test automation approach
Takeaways from the topic:
- Designing a test automation framework with the tester’s mindset.
- Automate while you manually execute your test case
- Maintain both the manual and automated in the same test case
September 23 @ 09:45
09:45 — 10:30 (45′)