To explore how we can write reliable and flexible Browser GUI Integration Tests, he will touch on the topics:
- Why is it important that GUI Integration Tests are reliable and flexible?
- What are the causes of unreliable GUI Integration Tests?
- 5 solutions to improve reliability and flexibility are:
- Converting complicated GUI Integration Tests to GUI Unit Tests.
- Use Node.js and Puppeteer to write GUI Tests.
- Adopt Good GUI Integration Test Code Architecture. We proposed an architecture known as Model, Workflow & Test (MWT).
- Employ retries in test code.
- Parameterized test suite to work with multiple environments
Takeaways from the topic:
- The code architecture of Model, Workflow, and Test helps make GUI tests maintainable and reusable.
- By probability theory, a mildly sporadic test can be turned into a reliable test by using retries.
- Make the URL that the test is testing configurable via environment variables or system properties.
- Node.js is a fantastic programming language for rapid test development. Puppeteer is a great browser control API library
Yao Hong Kok