Scrum For Distributed Teams
With global sourcing, telecommuting, working from home and freelancing becoming more common today, distributed and dispersed teams have started to become a norm. This workshop takes you through the Foundation of Scrum, the practical realities of Distributed Scrum across the globe dealing with different time-zones too and helps instill confidence in you to tackle the challenges that might come with Distributed Scrum in your projects.
We do this in a fun and interactive workshop mode with a Live Simulation of Distributed teams for you to experience the different Scrum roles, artefacts and meetings when teams are distributed.
- Understand what is Scrum and its key foundations
- Understand and experience different challenges faced with Distributed Scrum and potential options to overcome them
- Understand and experience the different roles and how they work together across Timezones
- Understand and facilitate communication and collaboration across a distributed Agile team working across different Time-zones
- Understand how to and facilitate lift-off of a Distributed Scrum project
Management 3.0 Certified Facilitator & Trainer
Certified Scrum Professional
Certified Scrum Product Owner
Scaled Agile Framework 4.0 Program Consultant
ThinkBuzan Licensed Instructor (Mind mapping)
- International Professional
- Accomplished Agile Practitioner, Trainer, Coach, Mentor, Servant Leader and Entrepreneur
- 19 + years of visible and exemplary performance with reputed organizations including Deutsche Bank, DBS Bank, Nordea Bank, Nordea Life and Pensions, TCS, Tieto, Thoughtworks, Credit Capital to name a few.
- Achievements portfolio
- Inducted and improved Growth mindset of individuals and teams
- Enabled business agility across geographies not limited to Singapore, India, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, the Czech Republic, UK
- Identified, built and groomed champions across the board
- 360 degree turnaround of decaying portfolios
- Transformed customer-vendor relationships into a partnered ‘One-Team’
- Passionately drive the mindset & behavior change of people to help them on-board the right path to agility
- Train and mentor C-level executives from various domains to help build an adaptive leadership mindset
- Coach leaders, managers and teams to help build and enhance the agile conducive environment for their organization and build business agility
- Conduct public/private workshops in Agile for Leaders, Teams and ScrumMasters and mentoring sessions to build an adaptive mindset across individuals and communities.
- What is Scrum and the Foundation of Scrum?
- What is Scrum for a Distributed team?
- Distributed Scrum Simulation
- Run, facilitate and experience a Release with few Sprints with Distributed teams: Create Product Backlog for your Distributed Team, Sprint Backlogs, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective, Information Radiators in the Virtual Team room
- Mindset preparation of all geographically distributed teams
- Experience with Scrum Roles across distributed locations
Anyone in the organization interested in learning / implementing Distributed Scrum or currently working with a Distributed Scrum team.
- Open Mind
9:00 AM – 5:30 PM (Both days)
Interactive combination of games, role-plays and presentation
Minimum – Maximum Participants
15 – 35
This workshop can be customised for your specific Agile project team
The trainer was knowledgeable, handled all queries confidently and gave lot of good suggestions
Lot of activities and easy explanation of complex theories.
Overall a great course content and facilitator knowledge.
The trainer is fun and a fantastic story teller. Her stories and exercises helped us learn the concepts.
This training session was helpful. I was able to understand role of scrum master, product owner and dev team.